Tutoring Services for Adults
Are you an adult who has trouble reading or writing? Is English your second language? Are you a Human Resource professional who wishes to help an employee struggling with literacy? Call 215-283-8766.
KEC recognizes that reading difficulties may persist well into adulthood, posing professional and personal challenges to an adult, his or her family, and employer.
- Learning disabilities in reading, including dyslexia
- Learning disabilities in writing, including dysgraphia
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, including Asperger's Syndrome
- Emotional Disorders
To help adults, particularly those for whom English is a second language (ESL), plot their individualized route to lifelong reading and writing success, KEC offers individuals tutoring services, instruction in the use of assistive technology, and consultation.
Tutoring for Adults Using the KEC Process
- KEC’s tutoring follows effective, research-based approaches
- Reading assistance facilitates adults becoming more successful on the job
- Additional coaching can ease the reading challenges of second-language learners
- KEC's approach transitions adults with reading struggles to greater reading comprehension success
The KEC Process
KEC teams with its adult clients to identify the most effective approach for addressing individual learning needs through close collaboration and ongoing feedback.
- Assessment: The testing process is initiated to more fully understand the nature and causes of the reading difficulty. KEC utilizes a full range of age-level appropriate standardized tests. Reading tests examine comprehension, vocabulary, oral vocabulary, reading fluency, word analysis, phonological awareness, and more. Writing tests examine spelling, style, sentence construction, story and essay writing, editing, and revising.
- Program Customization and Tutoring: Working closely with you, KEC develops a profile of your strengths and weaknesses after performing a comprehensive evaluation. The information is evaluated to customize a program that employs evidence-based practices that build on your strengths to effectively address weaknesses.
- Monitoring and Modifications: Ongoing feedback and communication between KEC and you ensure that the program continues to match your needs. Progress is monitored and adjustments are made as necessary.
- Post-Assessment: At the end of the agreed-upon instruction period, a post-assessment is performed to determine progress. At the conclusion of the program, KEC provides either a formal or informal assessment, which charts your progress.
Flexible scheduling enables the adult learner to balance work-related obligations with their tutoring schedule.
KEC offers tutoring services from Horsham, Montgomery County, PA and the surrounding Bucks County and Philadelphia communities.